Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weird Concerts From My Past: Incubus & Far 4/4/1998

Back in 1998, Darci and I drove from Manhattan, KS to Lawrence, KS one weekend to simply get out of town and go record shopping. Much to my delight the band Incubus was playing an early show at The Bottleneck. Being a fan of The Urge I had already been introduced to Incubus, but had never seen them in concert, so we went. There were four bands playing that evening, Incubus, Ultraspank, 8 Degrees, and much to my surprise.... Far.

The show was not well attended, only about 30 people through the door. Far was amazing and the singer from Incubus definitely had some vocal chops. Darci was fascinated by the dreadlocks that he was sporting at the time. Incubus was touring in support of their album, "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." One of the items I left the concert with that was pretty humorous was a cardboard mask of the dude from their album cover. One year later Incubus was practically a household name with the success of the album "Make Yourself."

I found the setlist online:

Redefine / Magic Medicine / A Certain Shade Of Green / Hilikus / Vitamin / Idiot Box / Summer Romance / Favorite Things / Glass / Calgone / You Will Be A Hot Dancer / New Skin


No comments: